Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Opportunity

There are times in life when we find ourselves in situations that we never intended to be in. We aren’t always sure how we got there, how to get out of them, or what to do. Change is hard. Life is difficult. Sometimes circumstances make us so incredibly lonely.

It’s hard to do that which is right sometimes. It’s hard to change.

There are also times in life when unique opportunities present themselves; when we find ourselves in amazing situations that bless us in indescribable ways. These situations work to make us stronger, help change come easier, and make us feel less alone.

This weekend, life afforded me such an opportunity. I found myself surrounded by a group of people who enriched my life and initiated lifelong friendships. We shared. We laughed. We cried. We grew.

I do not know what the future holds. I do not know the plans that God has for me. I do not even know the course of tomorrow.

But I do know that I’m loved. I know that I’m not alone. I know that I am blessed beyond measure. I know that there is always someone there to lend a hand, an ear, a hug, a prayer. There is strength in these truths, hope. There is a new found knowledge that I will never be in a circumstance such as this again that will result in incredible loneliness. Thank God for that.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I read recently that people experience all change as loss.

It is somehow comforting to know that feeling of private grief is really common even if the circumstances are different. We really aren't alone.

I love you.