Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Boot Camp

Heading out at 5:50 a.m.

The past few weeks have been a bit of a blur. They have been filled with tests, lectures, and long 12 hour days of "boot camp".

I'm enjoying boot camp. It's giving me the opportunity to practice what I've learned. I've preformed some great sticks (started IV's, drawn blood, and given some SQ shots). I've DC'd some catheters (both urinary and IV). I've administered meds (multivitamins, hypertensive agents, antibiotics, narcotics, etc.). I shaved a man's face. I've given some bed baths. I learned what it means to have non-reactive, non-consensual pupil reactions.

All the time though, I learn how much I don't know. At times I wonder if I will ever know enough to be effective. I've learned so much everyday these past couple of weeks and wonder with anticipation what more I will learn in the next week or so. There are so many things I wish to share, mostly visions and experiences of the last few weeks. I look forward to sharing.

Almost home at 8:05 p.m.

No comments: