Thursday, September 5, 2013

Caffeine and Diphenhydramine

Caffeine and Diphenhydramine

I look forward to the day in which these two agents don’t dictate my sleep/wake cycle, but the sun and the moon do, days that aren’t slept away and nights that are for resting.
It seems as much as life has continuously changed the last few years that it really hasn’t changed at all. For all my doing and traveling and going and learning I’ve really stayed in the same place.

Around the world and back again. But was I orbiting the world or was I allowing it to orbit me?

We had a retirement party for a coworker the other day. I watched the video of times gone by and remembered some of those times from my previous time at Vanderbilt. I wondered what it would be like to be somewhere for so long? I remember what it was like to be somewhere for so long.

I never imagined that my work would become my life. I thought my children would. But my child is furry with four legs, not a red head with two. I so deeply love her, though.

I’m excited about the future, about life, about work. I’m excited about the paths coming up. I’m excited for new experiences, new horizons, and new challenges.

Life is such a gift and I’m so thankful for all that it brings, and all the amazing opportunities I've had.

I am truly truly blessed.

No comments: