Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Summer School

So summer school started last Monday. It's amazing that so much time has already passed. It's hard to believe that I am already 1/3 of the way done with school. When they presented the syllabus in class last Monday, they said this semester was going to fly by and that if we turned around twice it would be over (I tried this and it didn't work).

So, tomorrow I start my OB rotation at Nashville General Hospital. I'm excited and looking forward to this new experience. Hopefully it will be uplifting in comparison to other rotations I've had since having a baby is usually a positive thing. At this point though, I'm not exactly sure how to get to Nashville General, but I'm sure I'll figure all this out before 6:45 in the morning. Nashville General Hospital serves much of the lower income population of Nashville and a lot of the Hispanic population are served there. My Spanish is incredibly rusty, but then again, it is really bad anyway. Anyway, I'm assigned to the postpartum unit tomorrow, so no live births for me - that'll have to be another week. I'm looking forward to this rotation though and have been all year.

This week through different lectures and a growing familiarity with my new classes has enabled me to begin to see the light. You know, the one at the end of the tunnel. I'm begining to realize the end, of this year anyway, is in sight. The days are numbered and I'm happy for that. That's not to say that this tunnel doesn't still have a lot of hurdles.

No comments: